The Forma Distance + project is a vocational training initiative of the Alimento Group, the umbrella organisation for sectoral services offered to workers and employers in the food industry. This 24-month project aims to develop the skills of current and future workers in the food industry through digital training through several actions:
- The audit and support of food companies in learning via digital means (change of learning culture and implementation of learning paths) ;
- The creation and provision of educational resources and tools oriented towards “Digital Learning”» .
This system was created by the Alimento experts in partnership with three centres of expertise: methodological experts (Digital Wallonia, ULB podcast and Formaform), developer experts (Nikata and MySkillCamp) and competence centres (FormAlim and Epicuris).
Since the beginning of the project, many activities have been carried out, including :
- Organisation of working groups with project partners, educational/training operators for the development of digital resources in line with training profiles ;
- Organisation of exchange workshops with companies in the process of digitalising their training ;
- Development of e-learning tools: self-training modules at a distance; + 100 training courses accessible at a distance (virtual class, webinar…) and virtual training resources (VR modules – 360° video);
- Continuation of blended learning courses in cooperation with partners for workers and job seekers;
- Promotion of 360° technology to agri-food companies;
- Development of virtual visits to companies (FoodTechTalent);
Points of interest
- Accessibility of media (smartphone; PC; tablet);
- Diversification/multiplication of educational resources and concentration in one place of shared sectoral resources;
- Interactive tool (communication between stakeholders);
- Monitoring the level of mastery of skills;
Points of vigilance
- Accompaniment in the use of the tools in order to systematise the consultation of the tools ;
- Financing of the project.
Comments / recommendations
- Continue and structure cooperation with partners (e.g. foreign partners);
- Continue to promote digital learning (distance learning tools, virtual classrooms, …) within food businesses ;
- Continue to promote digital learning (distance learning tools, virtual classrooms, …) among learners in the food sector .