Building your learning
“BUILDINGyourLEARNING” is a digital library for consulting and downloading books for the construction industry. It was created on the initiative of the social partners of the construction industry, represented by Constructiv. This library offers material on jobs, safety and well-being in the construction sector. We can find a large number of didactic resources that can be used to support lessons, training or during a career, such as:
- Construction trades manuals written by working groups of professionals;
- PowerPoint presentations produced by constructiv ;
- Checklists, thematic files, information sheets, codes of practice, toolbox sheets for safety and prevention;
- Video material and links to interesting websites;
- ConstruBooks”: a new form of learning support for the trades that allows for personalised and interactive navigation through the content.
- Thematic campaigns run by the sector
Several levels of combinable filters are possible depending on the trade, the language or the type of support sought.
Constructiv maintains and feeds the site on an ongoing basis. It is also possible to contribute to the site by proposing didactic tools.
This digital library is free and easy to use for downloading or uploading. The documents are available in Word, PDF, photos, video, PPT, ConstruBook… There are more than 3000 teaching tools available.
Points of interest
- Accessibility of the tool (free; open to all; on PC; smartphones and tablets)
- Diversification of media (videos; PDF; Word; etc.)
- Diversification of topics covered
- Easy to search
- Several levels of search with filters that can be saved
- Search on the user’s language or on the language of the works
- Updating of professional realities by and for construction workers/trainers
- Support for construction teachers and trainers in developing their curriculum/courses
- Exchange of information/practice between professionals in the field
Points of vigilance
- Keeping computer technology up to date to offer a digital tool in line with reality
Constructiv is an organisation serving the construction sector.
This project has resulted in a very useful and comprehensive digital tool for all professionals working in the construction sector, but also for all teachers and trainers.
Indeed, the library allows workers to keep up to date with the latest regulations relating to safety and well-being in the various construction trades, but it also allows an exchange of educational content for the development of course programmes or training. It also centralises up-to-date information on health measures against the corona virus, making it easier for anyone working in the construction industry to find information.