The E-Tour of jobs or how to adapt visibility in times of health crisis?
In 2021, in the midst of the health crisis, the efp organised a 100% digital “e-Tour des Métiers”, the aim of which was to give the general public the opportunity to meet working professionals virtually in order to gain a deeper understanding of the professions and obtain answers that would help confirm a training project and therefore a life plan.
The e-Tour des Métiers Digital took place over 5 days and allowed the public to discover a total of 91 professions. In concrete terms, 30 job workshops were organised online via a teleconference platform. During these workshops, trainers, learners and training and course managers were present to present the training and answer questions from the public. In addition, 14 thematic workshops on other topics such as entrepreneurship, internship search, orientation, etc. were also organised.
A website dedicated to the event was also set up. This site contains all the trade and thematic workshops as well as a virtual visit of the buildings in 3D. It also allows the public to review each of the workshops after the event.
Regarding the results:
- 97 trainers present ;
- 15 learners;
- 56 internal staff members;
- 3048 registrations;
- 14,000 people visited the site between 15/04 and 05/05.
This event was repeated in 2022 in combination with a face-to-face E-Tour, which offered demonstrations, tastings and fun activities related to the trades.
Points of interest
- Bringing the training centre and the training offer to people.
- Increasing the visibility and presence of the training centre at the digital level (presence on social networks, content still accessible on Youtube after the event, etc.).
- More accurate monitoring
- Decrease costs; the organisation of the E-Tour is cheaper in terms of personal costs than the organisation of a face-to-face event.
Points of vigilance
- The E-Tour of the trades does not give participants the opportunity to perceive the trade through other senses (touch, hearing, taste, smell, etc.).
- The E-tour is an extremely structured and timed event, which leaves very little room for improvisation ;
In 2022, we offered a digital and a face-to-face version. The digital version was much less successful than in 2020 and 2021. A reflection is underway to rethink and revitalise the digital version. In 2022, we offered a digital and a face-to-face version. The digital version was much less successful than in 2020 and 2021. A reflection is underway to rethink and revitalise the digital version.