A Strategy for Social Networks
The presentation of this project was proposed by Handwerkskammer der Pfalz at the international meeting in Kaiserslautern in April 2021.
It is necessary to adapt one’s communication strategy according to the social networks and the target audience of each of these networks. Concerning Facebook and Instagram, male subscribers would be in the majority and the average age of most subscribers is between 25 and 34 years.
- Although the average age of users is around 45, Facebook would be THE social network through which people would seek information (regardless of average age);
- Regarding communication, it is necessary to limit communication through messages (3 per week); it would be counterproductive to post more messages. Moreover, on Facebook, it is acceptable to post relatively longer messages than on other social networks;
- Regarding the announcement of events, these are no longer published in the news feed but rather as an event date.
Regarding Instagram :
- Communication works exclusively via visual language;
- It is possible to select stories that can be marked as highlights and made permanently available;
- The frequency of publication is usually daily, and if possible, with short texts.
In this strategy, the active participation of chamber staff plays a key role. They identify specific topics and provide the content to be published. It is therefore necessary to motivate them to actively exploit social networks.
Points of interest
- Adapting the way of communicating to the social networks and the target audience helps to reach the target groups;
- This strategy makes social network users aware of specific content.
Points of vigilance
- Communication planning is time-consuming;
- The exploitation of networks and the creation of content must be done regularly.
This demonstrator falls into the following categories: